Our mission is to provide leadership in developing the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza as the principal cultural center of our community for the performing and visual arts. Leadership is defined by grants and allocations, performing and visual arts education, arts awards and recognition, and marketing and promotion.
We live this mission in three primary ways:
- Supporting arts education through Kids and the Arts Title 1 School outreach program
- Dr. Raymond M. Olson community performance grants distributed each fall
- Supporting essential theatre services through unique programming, ensuring operations, and inspired outreach partnerships.
What You've Achieved
- Created a theatre experience for over 1 million students in Ventura County.
- Funded over 3000 underserved children yearly to see professional theatre.
- Designed, planned, and built the largest theatre between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Funded over 40 community groups to produce shows at the Fred Kavli Theatre and the Scherr Forum.
- Provided support for disadvantaged Senior citizens.
- Created a legacy for our young performers to get their first stage experience.